NOTE: The factory reset process will remove all the saved places and settings, such as the language, voice, and warning settings, from your TomTom GO 520 device.
Resetting TomTom GO 520
- First, make sure that the TomTom GO 520 device has enough battery life to perform the reset process.
- Next, turn on the tracking device (if it is turned off) to begin the reset process.
- As soon as the tracking device turns on, you can see the Map View or Guidance View displayed on the screen.
- In the opened window, locate the Main Menu button and tap on it.
- Now, the Main Menu screen of your tracking device will appear.
- Next, you need to swipe the screen to the left or right and look for the Settings option.
- Once you locate it, tap on it.
- On the Settings screen, select the option named System. Now, the System menu screen will open on your TomTom device.
- On the opened menu screen, you can find the list of options, such as Choose a search mode, Format memory card, etc.
- In the same list, look for the Reset device option and select it.
- Now, you will be re-directed to the Reset device screen.
- To confirm and begin the reset process on your TomTom GO 520 device, tap on the Reset button provided at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, a Warning screen with the message “This action cannot be undone” will open.
- On the opened screen, tap the Reset button.
- Now, the reset process will be initiated on your TomTom GO 520 device.
- Once the device settings are restored, it will restart automatically.
- After your tracking device restarts, you can reconfigure the device settings from the beginning.
Reconfiguring Device Settings
- Choose the device language from the list of suggestions and tap Next.
- Similarly, choose your country/region and accept the Terms & Conditions of TomTom.
- When prompted, sign in to your TomTom account.
- Complete the TomTom device setup by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the setup is done, the tracking device will be ready to use.
To know more about resetting the TomTom GO 520 device, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.