PROBLEM 1: AN ISSUE WITH THE HOLDER
The suction cup is the one that keeps the Garmin DriveSmart 65 device in a place. If there is a problem with the suction cup, you cannot place your GPS device inside your car.
How to mount
- Ensure that the mount is pressed all the way to the suction cup. This will hold the Garmin device in place.
- Press the suction cup of the Garmin device against the windshield and make sure to pull the lever at the bottom to hold it firmly.
- Next, fit the tab of the mount to the device until you hear it click in place.
- Plug the cable into the power outlet in your vehicle.
If it does not sit properly
- Clean the suction cup with a dab of alcohol or any other cleaning agent.
- You can use a dry cloth and wipe it clean.
- Follow the steps to mount the suction cup (mentioned above).
This is one way to troubleshoot a Garmin DriveSmart 65 problem.
PROBLEM 2: CHARGING ISSUES
Charging issues are pretty common with devices; Garmin DriveSmart 65 is no exception.
Make sure that the car is turned on to charge the device.
Change the fuse in the power cable
- Rotate the end piece of the fuse counterclockwise and remove it.
- In the same way, pull out the silver tip and the fuse from the power cable.
- Insert a new fuse inside, and later on, place the silver tip and the end piece (rotate it clockwise).
- Push it back into the vehicle power cable.
PROBLEM 3: BATTERY ISSUES
There are multiple reasons that can cause battery issues. Here are some simple alternative ways you can use to improve the battery life.
- Decrease the screen brightness. Select Settings on the screen and choose Display. You can easily set your brightness based on how comfortable you feel.
- Shorten the Display Timeout. You can set an ideal time for the device to go to sleep after being idle for way too long.
- Ensure to keep the device away from harsh temperatures.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight for better battery results.
With the different steps described above, you can resolve the problems you might face with the Garmin DriveSmart 65 GPS device. If you need remote assistance regarding this topic, click the CALL button on this page. Our dedicated technical team will assist you through the process.