If the course data is missing on your device, it will be unable to find nearby golf courses. Try updating the software using Garmin Express. To update:
- Connect the Approach S40 to your computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the official webpage of Garmin.
- Search and locate the Garmin Express Application.
- Download and install the updated version of the application.
- Disconnect the device from your computer and now run the application.
- Make sure that the device finds the nearby golf courses.
Is your Garmin Approach S40 not connecting to a smartphone?
If your Approach S40 is not connecting to your smartphone, perform the below steps.
- Restart both smartphone and your Approach S40.
- Once your smartphone turns on, enable the Bluetooth feature on it.
- Make sure that Approach S40 is updated to the latest version. If not, update the device.
- Remove Approach S40 from Garmin Golf App and Bluetooth settings to reconnect the device.
- Make sure that the smartphone is disconnected from the device.
- Place the smartphone closer to the device to connect it without any interruption.
- Open the Garmin Golf app on your smartphone and select the Options icon.
- Choose the Garmin Devices option and select Add Devices to pair the mobile with the device.
- Now, hold the Menu button on the device and select Pair phone.
- Make sure that the device gets connected to the smartphone.
Acquiring Satellite Signals
Commonly, the device may struggle to get the satellite signals sometimes. If you find it challenging to acquire, follow the below steps.
- Make sure that the device is turned on.
- Take the device outdoors.
- The front part of the device should point towards the sky.
- Wait until the device finds the satellite signals.
- It may take around a minute to acquire the signal.
Want to know more about Garmin Approach S40 troubleshooting? Stop wasting your precious time and talk to our technicians.